How to Use Dark Mode on Your Mac
The dark mode is one of the popular screen themes for the night and the users who care for their eyes. Dark mode or night mode usually helps to reduce eye strain and thus enhances visibility even in the dark. Today most of the devices use Dark themes spanning from handheld devices to Computer OS. The feature available on multiple platforms such as android, iOS, Windows, and Mac.
Mac has recently introduced dark mode in its macOS Mojave that makes you feel something dramatic. Mac users must be aware of these latest features of their devices. With the introduction of this unique feature in Mojave changed the overall theme of the device.
Easy Way to Turn On Dark Theme on Mac
Windows 10 already introduced the dark theme for various devices, but the introduction of Dark Mode on macOS Mojave marks the significant change on most of the applications that Windows 10 lacks.
To enable dark modes on Mac devices, follow these instructions:
- Firstly, you have to ensure that your MacBook is equipped with macOS Mojave 10.14 or the latest.
- Then, tap on the Apple logo located inside the menu bar of Mac.
- After that, hit the option “System Preferences.”
- Now, tap on General.
- Next, press the options tab “dark” by navigating the Appearance section.
- Once you modify appearance from light to dark, your all the system tools such as icons, elements, windows, menu bar, and dock will change automatically to grey. Once you have completed these steps, you can apply a dark theme to your desired applications.
Easy Way to Schedule Dark Theme on Your Mac
If you are an iPhone user and using iOS 13, then you must be familiar with the “Dark” theme and how to adjust dark and light themes. On iOS smartphones, you can switch between light and dark themes by navigating Control Center. When we talk about Mac, the process slightly changes.
In macOS, you have to navigate the System Preferences section to switch any of the modes. In case you wish to use a dark theme at night and light at day time, then use the “Automation” feature there. It enhances your visibility in the time when you view your device’s screen.
To Schedule Dark Mode on Mac, abide by these instructions:
- First and foremost, tap the “System Preferences” section.
- After that, hit the General tab.
- Next, press on the “Auto” tab by navigating the appearance section.
- Once you tap the Auto option, your device will automatically set to dark at night and bright at day time. In case you wish to schedule your time as per your wish, then it is recommended to use NightOwl application on your device.
- Pursue the under-mentioned points to know how to use NightOwl application over your Mac:
- In the beginning, install NightOwl application on your Mac running on “Mojave” or “Catalina.”
- Then, launch the app and look for the logo of NightOwl. It is placed on the Menu section.
- Hit the NightOwl application to expand.
- After that, tap on the Light or Dark option and then check for the option “Schedule.”
- Now, select your preferred time to setup light and dark themes accordingly.
Easy Way to Use Mac Dynamic Wallpapers through Dark Theme
Dynamic Wallpapers are those wallpapers that can change its theme according to day and night once you switch any of the modes on your device. Apple has introduced these dynamic wallpapers for its users that perform very smoothly on Mac devices.
Follow the given instructions if you wish to use Dynamic Wallpapers on your Mac Device:
- First and foremost, go to Apple Menu.
- Then, tap on the “System Preferences” option there.
- Now, hit the option “Desktop and Screen Saver.”
- After that, choose the “Dynamic Desktop” feature and hit the wallpaper option.
- Next, choose your preferred wallpapers by selecting the Dynamic option from the pull-drop menu.
Easy Way for Disabling Dark Themes for Applications
Apple provides the feature to set dark and light themes for apps as you wish. You can opt for a light theme when the system uses a dark one.
To apply dark mode on the mail app, then follow these points:
- First and foremost, launch a mail application on your Mac.
- Hit the menu tab and press the Mail option.
- After that, select the “Preferences” option there.
- Press the “Viewing” section button.
- Now, mark the unchecked box related to “Using dark background for messaging” option.
Note: Apply the same process for the rest of the applications on which you wish to apply dark mode. Users can use customization features to modify it according to their preference.
You have mentioned here great information here. I would like to say this is a well-informed article and also beneficial article for us. Keep sharing this kind of articles, Thank you.Macbook Pro 16 A2141 PartsReplyDelete